Cutting Chaos. Creating Certainty.
Lindsay M. Harris is the owner and managing member of Harris Law & Co. She leads our succession planners in protecting every family and business we serve using forward-thinking solutions derived from exceptional experience. Lindsay’s knowledge and dedication shows in her work and resulted in her selection as a 2018, 2019 & 2020 Rising Star from Super Lawyers, a distinction only earned by 2.5% of attorneys in the state. Whether it is creating wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, charitable trusts, special needs trusts, or advanced business plans such as family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, or corporations, Lindsay’s passion is to ensure that every family and business is protected when life changing events occur. Lindsay maintains over 61 hours of continued legal education in the areas of estate and business planning each year. She graduated summa cum laude with her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and Spanish from the University of South Dakota and with High Honors from the University of South Dakota School of Law. Outside of the office, Lindsay can be found on the tee box, ski hill, or in front of her art easel. She enjoys spending Saturday mornings having coffee with her grandparents and playing with her nieces and nephews. As community is important to Lindsay, she currently serves as the president on the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Fund Development Committee for Habitat for Humanity (and yes, they even let her swing a hammer every now and again!).
Estate Planning: Trusts, Wills, Living Wills, Healthcare Powers of Attorney, Financial Powers of Attorney, Irrevocable Trusts, Charitable Planning, Financial Planning, Taxable Planning, Advanced Planning, Asset Protection Planning, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Elder Law, Special Needs Planning, Medicaid Planning, Guardianships, Conservatorships, Dynasty Trusts, Agricultural Planning, Land Trusts, Physician Planning, Probate, and Trust Administration
Business Planning: Business and Corporate Law, Transactional Law, Entity Selection (LLCs, Partnerships, Corporations, Limited Liability Partnerships, Series LLCs, etc), Business Dissolutions, Purchases and Sales of Businesses, Business Succession Planning, Buy-Sell Agreements, Record and Minute Maintenance, Lawsuit and Risk Management, and Corporate Matters
• Back to the Basics – Estate Planning, Habitat for Humanity, Sioux Falls, SD (2020)
• The Deadly “D”s: Avoiding Common Business Mistakes, The Kitchen, Sioux Falls, SD (2020)
• Special Needs Planning, National Business Institute, Sioux Falls, SD (2020)
• Trusts 101, Habitat for Humanity, Sioux Falls, SD (2020)
• Back to the Basics – Estate Planning, Habitat for Humanity, Sioux Falls, SD (2019)
• Estate Administration from Start to Finish, National Business Institute, Sioux Falls, SD (2018)
• Why Wills & Trusts Fail, (Private seminar for financial industry and guests), Yankton, SD (2018)
• Estate Planning 101, National Business Institute, Sioux Falls, SD (2018)
This is not what you do every day. It is what we do. Let us help provide the resources you need to make an informed decision.
We’re ready to start this journey with you.
Contact us to schedule a consultation.
5019 S. Bur Oak Place
Sioux Falls, SD 57108